Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Jodi Enders
      Keymaster

Have you contracted COVID-19?

Did you contract it more recently or towards the beginning of the pandemic?

What was your experience?

Have you sustained any long-term COVID side effects?

paul spychalski
      Participant

I tested positive but felt fine. 3 days latter I was very sleepy, all the time. I ran a 99 deg. temp. and had depression thoughts. That lasted 3 days. I lost some sense of smell nd taste. That was Nov. 2021.

Jokaryeli Ventura
      Participant

Hi, I contracted Covid during the Christmas recess. I am fully vaccinated and it is going okay. Not much symptoms and MG is behaving. A couple of times I felt very tired, I have been quarantined and keeping everything as disinfested as I could.

John Gore
      Participant

After both vaccines and booster still got Covid. Very mild case just some coughing and diarrhea (yuck!).  Whole family had it before me so no way to avoid exposure.

Thomas Lee Clark
      Participant

<b>I tested positive dec 7 2021 and rcv’d iv antibody cocktail 13 Dec. Never lost taste, smell, no fever, Oxy level stayed low 90’s with COPD. Had cough, Rales in lower lobes and bronchial phlegm. sore neck muscles. Took all over counter remedies. Tired all the time and sleep. My wife also had the cocktail but she was much worse, so I nursed her. She had fever, headache body ache like flu symptoms. We are both through and we think we were exposed at the same time. I woke up Wednesday morning seeing DOUBLE which lasted about 3 hours and I took another sleep, woke up and my vision is back to normal. I never had the shots. Since the thymectomy never experienced any MG symptoms, first time. Perhaps this episode was a reminder for how blest I am. The covid was nothing compared to gMG I had. MG is bad but I listened to some vax shot reactions and one girl was on a feeding tube with little hope. An eye patch is small thing. I could drive one – eyed but the choking and gagging to clear my throat while necessary, made many at the table ill. I made one engineer recoil when he looked at me while eating breakfast on a business trip we took together. he did not know about my eyesight. Funny stuff happened all the time.</b>

Tay
      Participant

My husband had been sick for several weeks, it started with a cold around Christmas time.  It progressed and he tested positive on January 10th, 2022.  Five days later I tested positive.  I am fully vaccinated.  I have been quarantined since the 10th.  Today is the 25th.  I didn’t start running a fever until just a few days ago, it has been pretty low grade.  Highest has been 100.4.  I take Tylenol, that helps that come down.  I have had severe coughing and congestion, headache, runny nose, chills, body aches, my throat is swollen and sore, and I’ve had shortness of breath, loss of taste and fatigue.  The fatigue  is horrible.  In addition to MG, I have CFS and Fibromyalgia, and asthma. I had just started to feel better after a hard case of bronchitis, when I got this.  I try to sleep but coughing keeps waking me up.  A few nights ago I was having a very hard time breathing after waking up from a nightmare.  My dog was standing in the bed over me, checking on me, three times that night.  It was rough, but not to the point of going to the hospital.

I’ve still got the symptoms.  It has exacerbated my MG a bit, but not in an unmanageable way.  Double vision is occasional, shortness of breath definitely plays a part, my O2 has stayed about 96.

Lovina Wolgamott
      Participant

In September of 2020 I was transferd to KU Medical Center. I was in a MG crisis which was when I found out I had MG. In November 2020 I tested positive for Covid. I was admitted to ICU where I fought for my life. 24 days later I was able to go home very very weak. I have been fighting extreme fatigue. I am on oxygen never was before Covid. I have just recently been diagnosed with COPD I have never been a smoker. A lot of my issues is a combination of Covid and MG according to the doctors. I am at this time fully vaccinated with 3 full vaccinations of Moderna. I was in the hospital 2021 6 times with respertory infections. I am not writing this for pity, I am back at work in an elementary library where I have worked for 18 years. I walk the halls with my oxygen and walker but I keep moving forward and still holding out hope to get off oxygen. If not we will deal with it. I have an excellent support from my family and friends, and am looking forward to 2022.

Deb Couraud
      Participant

Managed not to get Delta but 2 Pfizer Vaccines and Booster later  after my regular 3 week IVIG Dose and my every 6 month dose Rituxan which I received.
      I woke up extremely sick. My PCP ordered me the Monoclonal Antibodies specific for Omicron which was detected in my PCR . I just couldn’t recover my Covid symptoms were better after 3 weeks but the illness put me in Crises so ended up on Covid Unit in full blown crisis. I was given 5 days of IVIG . I am better but still fatigue weak and have ptosis blurred but not double vision.  The hospital was tough because on Covid Unit not Neuro the nurses not really up to par on Myasthenia Gravis or IVIG plus they would not let me have any personal property except phone and charger no visitors at all .

Myasthenia Gravis is a very solitary disease the isolation and loneliness constricts you like a Python taking the very life out of you .

Rituxan seemed to improve my symptoms best I’ve been in 4 years. Imuran, Mestinon, IVIG every3 weeks, prednisone couldn’t do that . I was out of the hospital for the first time since my diagnosis for a entire year. Covid took its toll on me .

Amy Cessina
      Participant

I dislike posts on covid because.they can wander into this great divide.  But I am glad everyone here has recovered and I hope the best for those who have lingering  issues. I think people should stick to the topic at hand and I believe posts with vaccine or treatment mis information  should be rejected.

Mary Jane Tynan
      Participant

Febr 28, 2021 received 1st Pfizer vaccine. Next day 3/1/21 admitted through emergency to hospital. Vaccine exacerbated MG. Could not swallow even saliva. While they we’re putting in feeding tube it caused bleeding. Bad went to worse fast.  In ICU for 12 days on ventilator and feeding tube. 17 day in hospital. I ended on oxygen 24 hrs. After 2 more exacerbations in June and September. It was a very rough year.
      UTIs led into the June and Sept 2021 exacerbations.  Now May 2022 had outpatient IVIG (UTI again causing MG). HOWEVER since May 16th 2022 I have been MG symptom free!!!  It is the best I have felt in way over a year.
      just let me say – I have many family and dear friends who have been praying for me faithfully!  I am so very grateful!

Thomas Lee Clark
      Participant

#19225 I posted on the clotting the info on COVID My mistake. Covid did not cause this malady I was born with it. I had the Omicron version, nearly none of the classic symptoms. No fever, taste and smell ok but tiredness and sleepiness is hanging on.

AnneL
      Participant

I refused any vaccine.  I felt it was too risky for me and I probably wouldn’t build immunity anyway.  I’ve had COVID twice now. The 1st time, I was given Regeneron and felt so much better within 12 hours.  No hospitalization and it took about 2 weeks to completely get over it.  That was in Dec. 2022.  Now, June 2022, I have COVID again!  This time, I was given the new oral Paxlovid.  It took longer to work, but did finally relieve all but lingering respiratory symptoms by day 7.   Again, no hospitalization.

COVID wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated compared to a Norovirus episode which hit me in March.  That almost put me in the hospital and took a good, long 6 weeks to recover.

I hate being Immunocompromised and living life in a bubble for fear of catching “something”.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account