Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jodi Enders
      Keymaster

Before my MG diagnosis, I often viewed it as wasting my time if I spent it indulging in television, movies, and streaming platforms. However, for those of us with chronic illness, I think it is essential that we have a list of go-to series and shows to turn to when we find ourselves unable to accomplish much of anything physically.

When I was recovering from surgery, I wish I had more recommendations about shows that would be good to distract my mind during recovery. Healthy distractions when our other option of just sitting around may lead to a depressed state are crucial.

What are your Favorite Binge-Worthy Shows to lift your spirits when your body tells you it’s time to rest?

Bill Suphan
      Participant

Castle reruns, history shows that have several episodes, etc.  Alfred Hitchcock reruns because they all have unexpected, ironic endings.

Deb Couraud
      Participant

Yellowstone, Jack Ryan, The Man High Castle, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Great British Baking Show, White Princess,Cobra Kai . I never was a TV person until MG forced me to change my lifestyle.

I have always been very active exercising, hiking, camping etc.

I have found that TV and Series as well as a movie helps with relaxing and stress. Instead of going outside and walking 5-10 miles I now depend on quiet activities.

Cyndi DeHoff
      Participant

I like shows that have several seasons like Bones,Schitts creek, Succession, New Girl, The Morning Show, Shameless, Downton Abbey, White Collar and million dollar listing LA and NY

I will  try whatever is trending on the apps. I’m often surprised at the different shows that I end up enjoying.

Amy Cessina
      Participant

I watched  all Downton  Abby seasons. Then I moved on to 1980s brat pack movies which gave me a good laugh. Just the clothes they wore had me laughing. Then I moved on to Hugh Grant movies. Very funny. Then  I decided to watch the entire little house on the prairie  seasons because I heard Laura ingalls  wilder awards were taken away for their portrayal of native Americans in the books. So I decided to investigate. It’s taken me the entire pandemic to make my way through all of this plus I work full time too!

James Lavertu
      Participant

I liked to watch Dateline. Always an interesting true story every hour, one after another. Keep watching until you fall asleep.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account