Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips Favorite Binge-Worthy Shows

• Favorite Binge-Worthy Shows

Posted by Jodi Enders on November 15, 2021 at 3:26 pm

Before my MG diagnosis, I often viewed it as wasting my time if I spent it indulging in television, movies, and streaming platforms. However, for those of us with chronic illness, I think it is essential that we have a list of go-to series and shows to turn to when we find ourselves unable to accomplish much of anything physically.

When I was recovering from surgery, I wish I had more recommendations about shows that would be good to distract my mind during recovery. Healthy distractions when our other option of just sitting around may lead to a depressed state are crucial.

What are your Favorite Binge-Worthy Shows to lift your spirits when your body tells you it’s time to rest?

Sheila Troiano replied 2 years, 2 months ago 9 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Bill Suphan

November 18, 2021 at 1:25 am

Castle reruns, history shows that have several episodes, etc.  Alfred Hitchcock reruns because they all have unexpected, ironic endings.

• Deb Couraud

November 18, 2021 at 6:00 pm

Yellowstone, Jack Ryan, The Man High Castle, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Great British Baking Show, White Princess,Cobra Kai . I never was a TV person until MG forced me to change my lifestyle.

I have always been very active exercising, hiking, camping etc.

I have found that TV and Series as well as a movie helps with relaxing and stress. Instead of going outside and walking 5-10 miles I now depend on quiet activities.

• Cyndi DeHoff

November 19, 2021 at 9:15 pm

I like shows that have several seasons like Bones,Schitts creek, Succession, New Girl, The Morning Show, Shameless, Downton Abbey, White Collar and million dollar listing LA and NY

I will  try whatever is trending on the apps. I’m often surprised at the different shows that I end up enjoying.

• Amy Cessina

November 20, 2021 at 1:14 am

I watched  all Downton  Abby seasons. Then I moved on to 1980s brat pack movies which gave me a good laugh. Just the clothes they wore had me laughing. Then I moved on to Hugh Grant movies. Very funny. Then  I decided to watch the entire little house on the prairie  seasons because I heard Laura ingalls  wilder awards were taken away for their portrayal of native Americans in the books. So I decided to investigate. It’s taken me the entire pandemic to make my way through all of this plus I work full time too!

• James Lavertu

November 20, 2021 at 7:34 pm

I liked to watch Dateline. Always an interesting true story every hour, one after another. Keep watching until you fall asleep.

• Tay

January 26, 2022 at 2:04 pm

I’ve binged a few recent shows, like Raised By Wolves, Star Trek: Discovery, and others I honestly can’t remember at the moment.  Thank you MG and Covid. 😣

I like to binge my faves repeatedly from time to time.  Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Farscape, Orphan Black, Northern Exposure and I am always in binge mode with Supernatural.  I’ve seen it all the way through so many times I can’t count them. Lol

• BioNews Staff

January 27, 2022 at 11:48 pm

I love Orphan Black! Now I need to go do a rewatch.

• Maureen Gosz

January 29, 2022 at 1:14 am

I love watching all of the Law & Orders, Chicago Fire, All Creatures Great & Small, which is only on it’s 2nd season, but it’s wonderful. I ended up buying the complete Duck Dynasty. When I am feeling my worst,the Duck Dynasty family really makes me laugh!

• Deb Couraud

January 29, 2022 at 11:35 am

I was rereading this post and the reality of how different our interest were in TV shows and movies. I also realized that we on some level had to alter our lifestyles because of Myasthenia. I haven’t thought of Alfred Hitchcock but think I will watch those maybe see if can find Red Skeleton did record House of Wax will watch it one day.

• CathyF

January 29, 2022 at 3:48 pm

We followed Dexter and Yellowjackets, not necessarily uplifting but intriguing.  Currently the Barrett- Jackson car auction and the History channel, documentary on Grant with one upcoming on Lincoln. Old comedies on the movie channel.

• Sheila Troiano

January 30, 2022 at 1:55 pm

I discovered a series by accident on Amazon Prime called “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”. Funny. Set in the late 50s to 60’s in NYC. A traditional Jewish family with a daughter who is a rebellious comic in the days when being a female comic was unheard of. Those who grew up in the 1950’s will be nostalgic. Those who are younger will get a glimpse of how different life was back then. I hope some of you may find it enjoyable. The next season( if you finish the first 3 seasons) starts Feb. 18 the.