• norm

March 23, 2022 at 7:19 pm

I got it. I had a slightly sore arm and felt a little “off” for a couple of days. No other side effects.

I will continue to follow the CDC’s recommendations. I also continue to mask in indoor public spaces, especially since I live in a high-number-of-cases area.

• john-palatucci

March 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm

I only got the j&j in March 2021 and have taken any others..not do I intend to..there is just so much up and down with the CDC and way to many scientists etc. I am doing good and get tested monthly always negative.I take 150 mg’s of azathioprine, 120 mg’s of pyrodostgmine, 5000 mcg of vitamin D3, along with zinc, calcium with magnesium, 10 mgs of Prednisone every other day fish oil, vit c, b12.

• carrie-mcdade

March 23, 2022 at 8:03 pm

I have had 3 Pfizer and 1 Moderna. I was on 20 mg Prednisone for the first 2 shots, tapered down to 5 mg Prednisone for the 3rd shot. No Covid Spike antibodies detected in my blood after these 3 shots.

Discontinued the Prednisone in October 2021, received Moderna shot Jan. 4, 2022. Covid spike antibodies were positive from blood drawn Feb. 18, 2022.

My doc has recommended 2nd Moderna vaccine 5 months from the first, or early June, 2022. Total of 5 shots: 3 while on Prednisone, and 2 off of Prednisone.

• amyb

March 23, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Hi Scott – I received my 4th Covid vaccination March 2nd. My 3rd shot was the end of Sept. i am lucky to have a very proactive primary care physician. The first 3 shots were Pfizer the 4th was Moderna I didn’t really react much to the pfizer vaccinations other than a sore arm with the 3rd booster. The 4th Mederna vaccine actually made me feel a little flu like for maybe 24 hours. Just more achy and stiff than normal. I got my 4th shot sort of by surprise. I went in for my wellness annual and the nurse taking my vitals said she noticed I was eligble for the 4th booster and asked me if I wanted it. I am on an immunosuppressant for MG and have metastatic cancer. They did make me wait 2 weeks after my booster before I could get my steroid shot for my degenerative arthritis.

• john-w-carnahan

March 23, 2022 at 10:14 pm

I have received all four Pfizer shots, felt okay other than a one day sore arm. However, I was tested for antibodies twice during the period of vaccinations, once after the 2nd shot (no antibodies or T or B cells detectable) and once after the third ( some unnamed amount of antibodies, not encouraging).Am now waiting to get tested again after the fourth shot. More later!

• heather-kaye

March 25, 2022 at 2:37 pm

I got my 4th jab 91 days after my 3rd.This was the guidline at the time (Just before Christmas ) I was given Moderna .I did have some side effecta for several days after it,
    I hope your experience is side effect free.
    Regards

• charles-karcher

March 25, 2022 at 8:12 pm

I received my fourth shot today.  All four were Pfizer.  My third was in mid August.  Sore arm was the only reaction with any of my shots.  Do not plan to alter my daily routine based on this latest vaccination.

• craig-moore

March 25, 2022 at 9:15 pm

I received my fourth full dose of Moderna on March 16th with only a slight twinge the next day on my arm.  Their was some discussion about whether it would by a half or full dose.

• amy-cessina

March 25, 2022 at 10:34 pm

Why don’t you ask your doctors for Evushield. I heard it’s widely available for the immunosuppressed to protect from covid but nobody is prescribing it.  Seems better than getting repeated  shots with no results.

• MikeS

March 26, 2022 at 1:28 am

I got my fourth shot (2nd booster) this week.  All four were Moderna.  My 1st booster was 4 months ago in mid November.  Except for one evening of fatigue after the first shot a year ago, in all cases my only post-shot symptoms have been shot-site pain and swelling.

I had gone to see an MD about getting my hernia fixed and asked on the side if they (Kaiser) were letting immunocompromised patients get a 2nd booster, as the CDC recommends.  They basically said, “Sure, why not.”   That was unexpected since Kaiser had not ever suggested to me, considering my MG dx., about getting the 2nd booster.

I now feel that I’m as vaccinated as a person can be, but will still continue wearing my N95 masks at ALL indoor locations except my home.  I also avoid all outdoor events with crowds and all modes of motor transportation except my own car.  The BA.2 variant is now surging here in So. California, having doubled in case numbers in just the past week.  Be careful out there!

Mike

• david-s

March 29, 2022 at 3:29 pm

Will get my 4th shot, 2nd booster, next week.

• lisa-blutman

March 30, 2022 at 7:14 pm

Hi: I had 3 shots of Pfizer and one Moderna (totalling 4). I got my fourth as my health plan recommended it. I participated in a study through Stanford and two weeks before my fourth, I showed zero antibodies. The worst reaction I had was tiredness, but then I am always tired.

• charlie

March 30, 2022 at 7:07 am

I haven’t gotten a fourth shot yet but intend to as soon as I am able to, especially with mask mandates lifting where I live.

• robert-b

March 31, 2022 at 12:27 am

Hi David. I’ve not had my second booster, but plan to soon.

Knock on wood, taking all the precautions, including three doses of Moderna and wearing KN-95’s, isolating during peak times, I’ve avoided getting Covid. I have gMG, so it wouldn’t be good if I got it.

Best of luck to you,

Robert

• robert-richardson

March 31, 2022 at 12:53 am

Got my 2nd booster today (all Pfizer). No side effects noticed.

• david-s

March 31, 2022 at 2:20 am

Thanks for your responses.

We are also careful using the kn95 masks and going out in the public.  I haven’t had Covid yet either and would like to keep it that way.

I sent an email to IV Living regarding IVIG timing with the Vaccine and they say that it doesn’t matter.  The vaccine does not interfere with my monthly IVIGs.

Guess Ill get mine next week anyway.

Scott

• daryl-schneider

March 31, 2022 at 4:51 am

Got my 4th today at Walgreens. Was going to get it anyway even before they approved it for all over 50. I stay away from people mostly but its just more protection. Can’t ever get enough and there is never too much.

• sharon-haw

March 31, 2022 at 7:44 pm

I’m in Alberta, Canada, and got a full dose of Moderna as my 4th shot on Feb. 27 (5 months after the 3rd shot of Pfizer. I had the strongest reaction yet – a super sore arm, a day in bed with strong chills and muscle aches – all gone within 24 hours after the shot. The most challenging part was getting reliable advice on pausing Mycophenolate Mofetil (Cellcept) for a week. The Canadian Rheumatology association disagreed with the US Rheumatology association that recommended stopping Cellcept for a week after the 4th shot to prevent it from suppressing the immune response to the shot. My neurologist was no help – said to keep taking Cellcept based on Alberta’s politically driven advice, but my family doctor had more current info from the BCCDC (in the province next to us) that supported the US Rheumatology association recommendation based on a wider review of the research. Based on that info, I stopped taking Cellcept by taking half the dose for 2 days before the shot, then zero dose for 7 days, followed by 2 days at half dose before going back to full dose. While I was off Cellcept, I had no difference in my MG symptoms. I’ve been a hermit for 2 yrs but since 2 weeks after the 4th shot, I’ve been going to limited appointments once a week for dental, medical and personal care, booking for first thing in the morning when the air is cleaner, and using either an N95 mask made in North America or an ASTM Level 3 mask which is more breathable, depending on the level of risk of airborne transmission at the location. I worked at home for the past 2 years and retired instead of returning to the office (I’m 67).

• david-s

April 15, 2022 at 2:43 pm

Got my 4th shot, 2nd booster yesterday.

Just mild pain at injection spot.

Scott

• norm

April 15, 2022 at 3:39 pm

They say covid-19 will remain endemic (regularly found and very common among a particular group or in a particular area).

I wonder if yearly shots will be necessary, possibly combined with the flu vaccinations.

• barbara-e

April 15, 2022 at 9:07 pm

Because I have a weakened immune system and MG, my immune doctor advised (and I received) the following:

* 3 full doses of Moderna vaccine (the original 2 dose series, plus 1 additional injection),

* 1 booster dose of Moderna vaccine, and

* 2  doses of Evusheld monoclonal antibody injections (2 injections each time) with 1 month between doses.

Plus, she recommended that I should plan on getting another booster 6 months after the last Evusheld injection.

My only reaction was a red, raised sore area around the Moderna injection sites that faded within a week. There was no reaction to the Evusheld injections.

• george-kesterson

April 16, 2022 at 3:36 pm

I have had three all Pfizer, with little to no reaction.

I haven’t suspended my Immuran, should I?

I am debating the 4th shot, however if I do decide to get it, I think I will get the Evusheld.

• MikeS

April 16, 2022 at 3:39 pm

Why did you decide on Evusheld for your 4th?  Did your MD recommend it?  Mike

• barbara-e

April 16, 2022 at 6:25 pm

Evusheld monoclonal antibody injections and the COVID-19 vaccines (Moderna, Pfizer or J&J) are not alternatives to each other. While the vaccines help YOU create antibodies against COVID-19, Evusheld actually adds/supplements COVID-19 antibodies. This is especially vital for those of us who might not (or won’t) be able to produce sufficient antibodies on our own. As advised by my doctor. I received the 4 vaccine doses (3 full strength and 1 booster). 2 weeks after my booster, I received the Evusheld injections. Then, a month later, a 2nd dose of Evusheld injections. My doctor still recommends that I should get a 2nd booster vaccination later this year. In case of doubt, talk to your doctor.

• june-robertson

April 21, 2022 at 1:56 pm

Hello……I had two Astra Zeneca shots(I am in Australia)….felt a little weird in the head after the first one, but OK after the second dose 3 months later. Pfizer for the booster 6 months later again meant lots of sneezing for a few hours then fine. This after noon I have my second booster…Pfizer again.I don’t anticipate problems at all. I had severe MG from 1962,and am now 77. Thymectomy at 20 years of age helped a lot ,as did homoeopathy and herbal medicine later. I became a massage therapist and herbal med practitioner at 56 years of age. Now take 20mgs daily of Mestinon. I am very lucky, but have worked at it. I swim and walk a lot and don’t eat wheat.