Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Healthcare and Treatments Seronegative MG: are there MG-causing antibodies undiscovered?

• Bobbi

May 15, 2024 at 6:46 pm

Sounds reasonable to me . Medicine is taking new turns every day . Hopefully Myasthenia will be interesting enough for someone to look .

• Pamela

May 29, 2024 at 10:38 pm

Yes, I do think they will discover other antibodies. I’m seronegative since 1997 and have had every MG symptom in the book including MG crisis on life support for almost a month before actually being diagnosed ( by symptoms). I’ve been on continuous immunosuppressive meds since 1997. Also, Mestinon never worked for me.

• Barbara E.

May 17, 2024 at 9:02 pm

When I was initially diagnosed in the 1990s, the only known MG-related antibody was AChR. The MG connection to MuSK was discovered in 2001 and LRP-4 in 2018 (I think). Those are just a few of the possibly thousands of antibodies produced by our bodies. I’m certain there’s more discoveries to come!

• Yvoune

May 22, 2024 at 5:14 pm

Yes – check for voltage gated antibodies – aka Lambert Eaton Syndrome. It’s called myasthenic overlap syndrome in the literature. I’m antibody negative MG and antibody positive Lambert Eaton. Also look for striated muscle antibodies, Acetylcholine Receptor Binding Antibody

And Acetylcholine Receptor Modulating Antibody – Quest has a panel. For MG there is also RYR, titin, LRP4 – Quest has a panel.

• MikeS

May 25, 2024 at 12:12 am

My answer: Occam’s razor.

• bitter

May 29, 2024 at 12:04 pm

My daughter has MG and positive to striated muscles antibodie called Ryanodin receptor antibodie . It took her neurologist 12 years to meassure that antibody –

• John S Wolter

May 29, 2024 at 5:04 pm

YES that’s exactly right. The way the brain’s control signals to muscles are being blocked for MG seronegative individuals isn’t known yet. It’s a matter of research.

–JSW

• ivp

May 30, 2024 at 4:30 am

pls do get me wrong. my mg is so far seronegative, and i have to wait for a muscle biopsy until the end of August…. is there a chance that it will not show what is in the backgrund of my disease? it is not MuSK or AchR or what, fot sure, i take all the pills as subscribed and really just getting worse.

• bitter

May 31, 2024 at 2:59 am

My daughter has myastenia . She was sero neg for 12 years . Half a year ago they did a test for striated muscles and it showed up that my daughter has Ryanodin receptor antibodie .She do not respond on Mestinon .You could ask for that antibodie plus lrp4 ,titin and agrin

• ivp

June 3, 2024 at 2:27 am

thank you, i definitelly will

• BettyHT

May 31, 2024 at 10:52 pm

Or is it possible the tests simply aren’t good enough to detect the antibodies that are there? I have had great success with Vyvgart even though I am triple seronegative (No AChr, no MuSK, no LRP-4). Mestinon works great for me too.