Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Relationships and Social Life Friendships Can Be Complicated as an Introvert With Myasthenia Gravis

• Friendships Can Be Complicated as an Introvert With Myasthenia Gravis

Posted by jodi-enders on September 13, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Are you an introvert? Has MG added another complexity to your social life?

My column published today discusses how I have been teaching myself to cope with the emotions of being an introvert with many extroverted friends.

Social media doesn’t make life as a shy or anxious individual any less of a hassle. Healthy friendships may be emotionally draining for an introvert if the other person is busier. Social networks further complicate the dynamics of the relationship and can spark or emphasize feelings of comparison, jealousy, and self-judgment.

Our friends are not responsible for our emptiness, nor should we rely on others to satisfy every aspect of our lives. Animals, places, and things can all bring joy in diverse ways in case one falls through.

If you’ve battled with feeling lonely even with friends, how have you learned to cope best?

david-s replied 1 year, 9 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • david-s

June 13, 2022 at 1:20 am

Emotionally Drained.  Was how I felt the other evening while having dinner in a restaurant with my wife and some old friends.   I started to lose track of the conversation and I started to feel mild tremors in my eyes and lids and hands.   It seemed as though I was moving through a slow motion picture as regular speed.

At this point I told my wife it was time to leave as I was sooo fatigued, both mentally and physically.  Physically and Emotionally drained.

I often share with others that I feel like I am 20% the person I was before gMG.  When the above situations occur, that 20% dwindles.  I seem to feel it in my body and mind.  As if the image I am seeing decreases in vividness and becomes slightly blurred around the edges.  I start to loose depth perception and often must grab my wife’s arm and follow her.

At times like these, it seems as if my faucet of energy is closing.

After some rest away from the clammor, I am ready to move again.

A couple of times I have pressed the issue and Double Vision returned.  I’m guessing if I continued a Crisis would be coming.

Could my anxiety cause my system to destroy or cause the AChR to not be produced which causes these feelings?

I am wondering if any of you have experienced the same things?

Thoughts?