Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Have you received triamcinolone injections around the eyeball to treat ocular MG symptoms?

  • Have you received triamcinolone injections around the eyeball to treat ocular MG symptoms?

    Posted by Community Member on March 23, 2024 at 8:00 am

    Have you received triamcinolone injections around the eyeball to treat/help ocular MG symptoms? 

     

    Did you see improvement after?

     

    “Periocular (around-the-eyeball) injections of triamcinolone, a corticosteroid, may ease early symptoms of ocular myasthenia gravis (MG) and reduce the need for patients to take oral medications that have more potential side effects, a study has found” (https://myastheniagravisnews.com/news/triamcinolone-periocular-injections-ease-ocular-mg-study/).

    Community Member replied 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Community Member

    Member

    No. What exactly is that? I’ve been looking for something to help with my ocular myasthenia.

  • Community Member

    Member

    I would also like to know if anyone has had ptosis surgery and if it was successful

  • Community Member

    Member

    It’s a steroid injection. I have ocular mg but have not done that treatment but plan on asking Neuro about it in two weeks. My MG comes and goes. I have a strange case it’s mild but annoying. Just on a business trip all week. None of them know anything about me having mg. I actually work for a foundation that funds rare disease research too . lol

    • Community Member

      Member

      I too have MG and Ocular MG, Pyridostigmine helps but I have side effects like Bloating, gas, Diarrhea, but I can walk, w/a cane but don’t fall often. I too will ask about the eye injection. Thanks……

  • Community Member

    Member

    I have had Ptosis surgery and it was very helpful. That was 6 years ago and am waiting to have it done again. I’m on 15mg of Prednisone per day, Immunosuppressants and IVIG Treatments every 3 weeks. In my home I use a rollator but outside I use an electric wheelchair. I’ve already fallen and broken both wrists and an elbow so not taking any more chances. I have not had ocular steroid injections.

    Hope things work out for you.

Log in to reply.