Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Healthcare and Treatments Have you received triamcinolone injections around the eyeball to treat ocular MG symptoms?

• Jonathan

July 12, 2024 at 7:38 am

No. What exactly is that? I’ve been looking for something to help with my ocular myasthenia.

• Jonathan

July 12, 2024 at 1:34 pm

I would also like to know if anyone has had ptosis surgery and if it was successful

• Amy Cessina

July 12, 2024 at 8:01 pm

It’s a steroid injection. I have ocular mg but have not done that treatment but plan on asking Neuro about it in two weeks. My MG comes and goes. I have a strange case it’s mild but annoying. Just on a business trip all week. None of them know anything about me having mg. I actually work for a foundation that funds rare disease research too . lol

• paul spychalski

July 13, 2024 at 10:16 am

I too have MG and Ocular MG, Pyridostigmine helps but I have side effects like Bloating, gas, Diarrhea, but I can walk, w/a cane but don’t fall often. I too will ask about the eye injection. Thanks……

• FAC

July 19, 2024 at 7:47 pm

I have had Ptosis surgery and it was very helpful. That was 6 years ago and am waiting to have it done again. I’m on 15mg of Prednisone per day, Immunosuppressants and IVIG Treatments every 3 weeks. In my home I use a rollator but outside I use an electric wheelchair. I’ve already fallen and broken both wrists and an elbow so not taking any more chances. I have not had ocular steroid injections.

Hope things work out for you.