Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Healthcare and Treatments What triggers your dyspnea/shortness of breath?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 3, 2023 at 5:12 pm

As a caregiver, I notice that cooking, short walking, showering and dressing up cause dsypnea that lasts around five minutes

• kent-estes

May 3, 2023 at 5:42 pm

On a more extreme (and rarely, thank goodness) level, an infection such as a cold, food poisoning or sinus infection,  I have breathing difficulties that require oxygen.  A more common occurrence of breathing difficulties ( lasting a few minutes with rest helping) occur with walking up stairs, hills or a longer distance than 10-15  feet.  Also hot weather cause muscle weakness overall … including the diaphragm.

• june-robertson

May 4, 2023 at 12:44 am

Sometimes walking briskly(I am on minimal Mestinon these days) will give me a tight chest. Worse since 2 doses of Covid. My blood pressure has been a bit chaotic since Covid and I’m now on the fourth type of BP meds. Very hard to determine what is variable BP, what is MG and what is the result of Covid and subsequent pneumonia….

• june-robertson

May 4, 2023 at 12:45 am

Oh yes, and wheat will do it every time. Oats not too bad.

• david-b

May 4, 2023 at 8:02 am

Anytime I walk or do anything physical I experience shortness of breadth.  It has required hospitalization 2 times in the last 6 years.