Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips Traveling Solo with MG

• Michael Morris

March 15, 2023 at 7:51 pm

I’ve been traveling only in the us. And I’ve been seeing friends and family for the last year

Before I pack i research the best hospitals for mg and best neurologist I also take go file with kits of mg info in case I need it

• Stanley Martin

March 16, 2023 at 12:28 pm

I’ve traveled in my car with my service dog from Louisiana to Florida and took plenty of medication with me and had no problems related to myasthenia gravis. However, I do have a colostomy bag that frequently leaks and I had an incident with the bag occurring new return trip where I had to stop clean myself off, clean out my car change my clothes, change the bag, and make sure that my dog did not get into the mess in the car. I’ve also travel by plane to Cleveland Ohio from Louisiana on the return trip. The bag broke again, and I had to clean up the bathroom floors in the airplane along with my clothes, and I had to sit with wet clothes for two hours, but myasthenia gravis is never affected me And affects me mostly at home with swallowing food and what I have to do is because I also have a Soffa guess problems just be patient and eat slow and eat cold food because I can’t eat hot food. It just gags me and I throw it up. I plan on having surgery again this May on my colon. Hopefully this doctor will get things straightened out so I don’t have to worry about bags leaking but myasthenia gravis is not effective and I don’t think it will affect me in the future.