Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Healthcare and Treatments Think I need new neurologist

• Think I need new neurologist

Posted by Cathie on March 30, 2024 at 11:59 am

I have seen 4 neurologists in the Dallas area. i am getting such vague instruction from any, as well as the current one, I think I may need a new one. Is there one in my local area? I also have widespread painful neuropathy. IVIG caused a neurotoxic kidney reaction, and I nearly ended up on dialysis. Do I just sit here and hope I don’t die while hoping for help? I cannot believe I cannot get any help. I don’t know how I am going to manage to do this, but am willing to travel out of state. So frightening…

Yvoune replied 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • paul spychalski

April 3, 2024 at 6:54 pm

For Neuropothy ask for Gabapentine. You also may have Ataxia.

• nil

April 8, 2024 at 5:23 am

you may check out the Yale School of Medicine’s MG Department – Dr Novak.

Also, Dr Wu (Wuan?) at the University of Florida, Tampa.

• Yvoune

April 10, 2024 at 2:42 pm

I have MG plus more and Dr Brandon Brock (in Dallas Carpathia Collaborative) has been a supportive doctor to my team and is a genius – been doing telemed with him for years. He is the one who told me to go test for Lambert Eaton, and he was correct. My local neurologist (I live in northern Virginia) confirmed I have both MG and LEMS. Dr Brock practices functional and integrative medicine and I honestly don’t think I’d be alive without him I have so many health issues (Ehlers Danlos, Mastocytosis, Sjögrens, multiple spine surgeries, hypopituitarism, POTS, MG, LEMS to name some). Yvoune