Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Research and Clinical Trials Saying No to Participating in Clinical Trials

• Saying No to Participating in Clinical Trials

Posted by BioNews Staff on June 6, 2022 at 12:21 am

My neurologist has asked me to participate in clinical trials twice-once for a new medication and another for a thymectomy. 

After much thought, I said no to both. I didn’t want to take a chance of not receiving treatments even though I know how incredibly important trials are. They were not decisions I made lightly. It’s a very personal decision and you have to do what’s best for you.

Have you ever said “no” to a clinical trial? How did it make you feel?

Thomas Lee Clark replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Lisa Blutman

June 8, 2022 at 8:00 pm

I am fairly stable on my mgmeds.  I have been asked to participate in others and always say no as i dont want to end up back in the hospital with a crisis.

• Thomas Lee Clark

June 8, 2022 at 8:04 pm

This is the same reason I did not take the “JAB”. I  take anti-coagulants and Clotting problems are suspected with the Jab. The kidney guy tells me not to receive dyes for xray. I am not fearing death but I would rather die than experience general MG again.  I was positive for covid and lived. The complication remaining, is my teeth itch and their is a twitch in my eyebrow.