Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Healthcare and Treatments Problems or issues during IVIG or PLEX

• John

February 29, 2024 at 10:40 am

Had both, no adverse reactions(last week 2 consec days of 900ml per day of IVIG) to either, but the plasmapheresis exchange worked like a treat for me as before that I coudnt talk properly swallow, eat and had breathing difficulties and within 5 days of treatments, cured all of that.

• TaylorZimmet

March 1, 2024 at 3:18 pm

Hi!

When I first got sick with MG, I was rapidly getting sicker, so my doctor suggested IVIG. I quickly found out that I was allergic to an ingredient in IVIG, and it caused hemolytic anemia. I think I am an outlier as I’ve heard good things about IVIG and how it has improved symptoms of various autoimmune diseases, including myasthenia gravis.

Kind regards,

Taylor

• Cathie

March 1, 2024 at 4:24 pm

Yes, had nephro toxic reaction. Ended up in hospital with doctors fighting to save my kidneys.

• Diane

March 1, 2024 at 7:50 pm

Hi Jodi,

I haven’t had any reactions to the IVIG infusions. Sometimes I get a mild headache that sticks for a day or two.

I had just weaned off of Cellcept due to severe bowel issues and getting a bad fungal infection in my esophagus. I am taking Myfortic in place of the cellcept and was wondering if you have tried this medication and if so if you have had any side effects.

Thank you

Diane