Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips MG and Life Insurance

• MG and Life Insurance

Posted by Leigh on January 23, 2023 at 6:49 pm

This may be personal, but does anyone have life insurance and are you willing to say who the company is? I have been denied several times from my husband’s life insurance through his employer. I am not currently employed. After the 3rd denial, they finally said the reason was MG. I would like to have life insurance and am not over 50 yrs old for those plans. I am looking for some direction before I spend hours applying to only be denied.

Leigh replied 1 year ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Elaine Roble

January 25, 2023 at 8:20 pm

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’ve had the same problem in the past, but I decided to go with Trustage life term insurance with an amount of $200,000 with no medical evaluation under a doctor. I’m 40 years old with Seronegative Ocular Myasthenia Gravis & Type I Diabetes.</p>

• Leigh

January 25, 2023 at 10:38 pm

Thank you so much Elaine for sharing. Their website is very informational and I will be checking into it.

• Karen

March 24, 2023 at 7:19 pm

I was able to get insurance under the Penn State alumni association—many big schools provide insurance options with limited health info—-only only got $65k for $650/y—but it’s better than nothing. Life insurance through your employer (if applicable) many not require any health evaluation—I was fortunate to work for the federal government and can keep my life insurance even though I’m on disability retirement

• Leigh

April 18, 2023 at 11:28 am

Thank you for the information. I am not currently working so that is the problem. I will look into Alumni. I did not think of that.