• MG and Disaster Kits

Posted by BioNews Staff on August 9, 2021 at 8:12 pm

In my hometown, we’ve had some rough weather this past year. It’s made me realize I need a disaster kit ready to go. Along with the essentials, I also keep Mestinon in it just in case.

Do you have a disaster kit? What MG-specific things do you keep in it? What would you recommend for a disaster kit for someone with MG?

BioNews Staff replied 2 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • Craig

August 12, 2021 at 2:34 pm

I have built up a small inventory of all my MG medicines (maybe 30 days) by filling them promptly even if I have missed doses over time or taking advantage of dosage changes.  There’s a card with an up-to-date list of my prescriptions, pharmacy, and doctors that I verify at the beginning of every month. I have some chemical cold packs (similar to these), in hot weather I could place them on my neck or under my arms to help cool down without needing refrigeration or running water.  My glasses need prisms so I have a spare set of eyeglasses in my kit.  I have a couple types of small water filters and purification tablets to cover a few days in case I’m not able to displace to a managed evacuation area.