Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Michelle Gonzaba
      Participant

When my MG was at its worst, I felt like a burden to my family. I felt like I was holding them back by being so physically weak. No matter how many times they told me I wasn’t a burden, I never believed them.

Have you ever felt like a burden? How do you get over that mentality? What would you tell someone who felt like that?

Scott McCormack
      Participant

I’m not sure that burden is the right word but I definitely feel that I no longer uphold my fair share at home.  As an example, we are preparing to put our Christmas decorations for both the inside and outside of the house.  For decades, I always did all the outside myself.  Now I’m lucky to do 25% of the work.  There are many more areas that I used to be able to do so much more.  I am very lucky to have an incredibly understanding wife but it still bothers me.

Logically I would tell someone that all they can do is the best they can but emotionally it’s not so cut and dried.

RINA NEL
      Participant

I think everyone feel the same about this. My husband now does a lot of the work around our caravan and tent. Luckily we decided to scale down, sell the house and permanently move into the caravan, before the flare-up hit me big time beginnig of this year. A while back I fell and my hubby could hardly help me ti my feet. I was devastated and cried for days untill my GP, a Homeopath, subscribed a natural anti-depressant: Lithium Orotate. Now I can get through the day and don’t feel so useless. I insist on doing the beds and sweeping the tent and gazibo although I sometimes wake up and Hendrik had done the sweeping also.

Dave Hall
      Participant

Before I retired I bought a small country farm.  That was a natural since I had always been outdoorsy.  I looked forward to keep milking my Nubian dairy goats, making cheese, and selling at a local farmers market along with my duck eggs.  On the way to pick up a micro dairy, so I could licensed, my eye lids kept dropping.  Made an appointment with my GP, told him what was going on, he said “Myasthenia Gravis “.  The blood test confirmed it, he had seen two MG patients back when he was an intern.  The five years later, the result has been I don’t do near what I used to do.  I no longer milk my goats, don’t make cheese, not my vision of retirement.  However, I do vacuum the house, wash the floors, and do the laundry.  Not near what I used to do, but I contribute what I can.  Yes, there are times I feel like a burden, but I do what I can.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account