Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jodi Enders
      Keymaster

Does your weight constantly fluctuate with your various MG treatments? In 4 months, I went from the heaviest to the most underweight I have ever been. How do you combat this constant unfamiliarity with your body and unpredictable and often uncontrollable weight change?

Michael Van Alstyne
      Participant

Yeah for sure! I’ve dropped 30 pounds in the last year and blamed it on lack of appetite caused by azathioprine. I find I get “full” after eating less food at mealtimes. Some things just don’t have the expected taste either.
      Michael Van Alstyne

Maureen Gosz
      Participant

I have never been a big person. Being on prednisone, azathioprine & mestinon, I was 115,& now am 108. I have lost taste for alot of foods. I always was a big breakfast person, now I can barely eat it. Lost the taste for coffee, bacon & eggs. I eat very small portions. I make meals everyday, it smells delish, but when it comes time to eat, I lose my appetite. My husband yells at me to eat, but I can’t force myself, & then throw up. I use to be a big snacker, & barely eat snacks anymore.

Amy Cessina
      Participant

This thread has made me realize that I’m not the only one that has no appetite for food. It’s not due to medications because currently I  not on any. But I find I cook and bake  but when it’s time to eat I have small portions. I don’t have appetite for snacks either. Since I’ve been diagnosed I’ve dropped about 30 pounds and maintain it there but I didn’t know others had this issue too. Food doesn’t taste that good either same as others.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account