Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips Chair Lift For MG Individuals to Conserve Energy

• Chair Lift For MG Individuals to Conserve Energy

Posted by jodi-enders on July 23, 2021 at 1:49 am

Has anyone in our MG community tried or uses a chair lift if you live in a house with stairs?

I experience the reminder that I live with MG every time I walk a flight of stairs. It is difficult not to remember the guilt I feel that stairs now wear me out when a year and a half ago, I could do a 16-mile hike.

Do you find a chair life to be convenient or more of a hassle? Any brands you do or do not recommend?

ann-marie-hetrick replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • mariamartin

July 24, 2021 at 2:49 pm

They are amazing! It allowed us to stay in our home for years. My husband retired last year and we moved to Florida to a single story home. I didn’t realize how much the stairs were draining me because I only used the chair if I felt I needed it, so most mornings, I didn’t. Boy was that stupid! I could do so much more here and the only thing I can attribute it to is no stairs. And of course, my husband said “I tried to tell you.”

• ann-marie-hetrick

July 26, 2021 at 6:52 pm

I have a bruno stair lift and it is amazing. I only use it when I really feel I have to. It has come in handy quite a few times and does save energy and strength. I really used it after I got my second dose of covid vaccine because it flared my MG.