Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips Acupuncture and Myasthenia Gravis-Have You Tried It?

Tagged: 

• Lisa Blutman

August 27, 2021 at 7:49 pm

I am doing accupuncture for joint pain due to osteoarthritis in my knees.  I had had a joint replacement prior to my diagnosis of mg and it looks like the other knee is ready.  My pain is managed by accupuncture.

• John Ulfelder

August 27, 2021 at 9:28 pm

I am not experiencing any pain with my MG. I have been able, however, to regain my swallowing function and remove my feeding tube after extended work with a speech/swallow therapist post-hospitalization. I still have droopy eyelids that interfere with my vision and restrict my ability to do certain things such as driving. Is there any evidence that accupuncture can help with the symptoms of MG such as droopy eyelids? Does it help with the nerve/muscle connection? There are a number of accupuncturists in my area and I’m sure I could find one to work with specific to my needs. Any particular accupuncture training or school I should look for? Thoughts & suggestions welcome.

• Linda M Fuller

August 28, 2021 at 1:56 am

I have been doing acupressure for several months, and yes I find a major difference in my symptoms. I do about an hour in the morning and half an hour at bedtime to help me sleep.

Look up Dr Michael Reed Gach on the internet, I am taking his training classes, but many are free. Also working the lymphatic system is helpful. I do an hour of exercises daily online as well.

I don’t think I would have the quality of life I do know if it weren’t for it.

Linda

• Cyndi DeHoff

August 29, 2021 at 3:51 pm

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have used acupuncture a few times for muscle pain I experience in my neck and shoulders. I have frequent neck weakness from MG which leads to the muscle pain.  The acupuncture helps alleviate the pain for a period of time, but I wouldn’t say I experience any less weakness in my neck.</p>
    Thanks for the acupressure idea Linda.  I have never tried that so I’m going to look up that Dr and give it a try.

• Amy Cessina

September 1, 2021 at 7:43 pm

I made an appointment once for acupuncture and totally chickened out and cancelled. I’m glad to hear it might help. Maybe it’s something I’ll try at some point. I get neck pain also.

• Linda M Fuller

October 10, 2021 at 2:55 pm

Yes I have and I think it has made a tremendous difference in my abilities, for the better. I do no less than 1hr every day. First thing in the morning before I ever get out of bed. Michael R Gach, I really like him, but only have delt with him. He has some free training on his web site.

• Kelly Criezis

October 16, 2021 at 12:50 pm

My husband is the one with MG just ocular at this point but I have done acupuncture for infertility and it is not scary at all. Actually very relaxing and rejuvenating so I would encourage you to try it and good luck with the MG!

• Cynthia

October 13, 2021 at 11:33 pm

I just started. Do far so good. I have been feeling better. I’m hoping that with more treatments I will improve.