Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips What Are Your Goals for the New Year?

• What Are Your Goals for the New Year?

Posted by bns-staff on December 29, 2022 at 8:00 am

I always feel pressure to make big New Year’s resolutions, and when I have in the past, I always seem to come up short. But for the past few years, I’ve focused on smaller, more manageable goals. 

For example, one of my 2023 goals is to cut down on sugary drinks like soda and sweet tea and drink more water.

What are your goals for the new year? Do you enjoy making goals? Or do you avoid any type of New Year’s resolution?

jennifer-thompson replied 1 year, 2 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jennifer-thompson

January 3, 2023 at 8:17 pm

I think my biggest goal is to learn to meet myself where I am at. I am horrible at pushing it. I went from dancing, running and weights to coming home from the hospital in a wheelchair. I am now 8 months later still relying on a cane and a chair for long walking situations. I’ve come a long way and should be more understanding of myself. My nature is the next goal, the next whatever and it has always been physical challenges.

Looking back I can see the years I struggled with MG but the test were negative and I have other autoimmune to make it fun. I need to give myself more grace and walk away from tasks and sit down more. Understand when I can’t lift my plate or wash my hair much less worry about being athletic again it’s ok.

I honestly didn’t know what goals to make for myself because life is so different and I feel like im waiting for the next crisis… one day at a time:)