Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Healthcare and Treatments Treatment for Ocular Myasthenia Gravis

• paul spychalski

May 1, 2024 at 5:49 pm

Yes I have Ocular MG and Pyridostigminen HELPS

• Nicola Biagio

May 2, 2024 at 2:25 am

So Paul, How much salbutamol are you using?

• matt-sereby

May 2, 2024 at 12:55 pm

I have GMG but my only principal problem is ocular. After Mestonin and steroids were no help to my closed eye situations I then had fusions. Eight infusions of vyvgart as well as two of rituximab. I got about 4 days of my eyes being open after those. Finally went back to where I was first diagnosed as he had been following me throughout my journey. My ophthalmologist operated on me and attached muscles from my forehead to my eyelids. Can’t tell that it was ever done. My eyes now stay open and close normally. Best thing that ever happened to me. The decision was about 3 years in the making. I spent most of that time with Band-Aids holding my eyes open. Not to be taken lightly but it is a very good solution,or at least a has been for me.

Matt Sereby

• paul spychalski

May 4, 2024 at 11:35 am

Your eyes now stay open but do they cross?

• Hilda Edwards

May 12, 2024 at 5:40 pm

I was diagnosed with optical MG in September 2019. They put me on 60mg mestinon x. 5 times a day which did absolutely nothing for me at all. February 2020 I finally got an appointment with the neurologist who then prescribed me 30mg prednisone every other day alongside the mestinon. That was when the double vision finally cleared.I had the usual diarrhoea problem with the mestinon lasting months, eventually my neurologist put me on probanthine 3 tablets per day. This did the trick!!!! I came off the mestinon earlier this year without any noticeable deterioration other than tiredness. Neurologist also reduced prednisone to 25mg every other day.The optometrist said that the tiredness was due to not taking the mestinon and immediately put me back on 1 x 60mg mestinon per day. I would like to reduce the prednisone down much further as it has thinned my skin and I bleed at the slightest touch’. So far the Mg has not affected other muscles and nerves in my body. So I count myself lucky. I am 84 years old now.

Page 2 of 2