Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Mental Health and Self-Care Self-Care May Look Like Moving on From Unhealthy Relationships

• Self-Care May Look Like Moving on From Unhealthy Relationships

Posted by Jodi Enders on July 1, 2021 at 4:00 am

In my column from last week, I consider self-care in the form of moving on from relationships that no longer serve us and our growth. 

People’s past encounters and experiences shape who they are. In certain uncomfortable situations, I let unintentional offenses slide, I attempt to teach, and I move on if I believe it’s beneficial to everyone involved.

Sometimes conversations can lead to unsolicited opinions about our illness. If we want support from those we care about, sometimes it requires effort and persistence.

Nevertheless, sometimes we grow disheartened about having to repeat details of a significant part of our lives more frequently than we think we should. So we open up about myasthenia gravis (MG), the safety risks we face, and the daily struggles we endure. But some people might erroneously conclude that we are letting our disease prevent us from living our lives. Interactions of this manner add to the exhaustion associated with MG.

When thinking about relationships, we should choose what makes us happy. We shouldn’t mold our lives to gratify others. Undoing the growth we’ve experienced isn’t worth it to maintain certain relationships. 

Jodi Enders replied 2 years, 9 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.