Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips Problems around your birthday??

• Problems around your birthday??

Posted by Frank on June 30, 2023 at 3:11 pm

Hi I hope you are each having a good day!

In the two years & 8 months since my diagnosis I’ve had two flares. Both have happened right around my birthday. As I’m dealing with my second one now, I wonder if any of you have experienced any flares or issues pop up around your birthday? I know that with terminal (esp with caner) patients more die around their birthdays than at other times. So I wonder if the body has some fragility around birthdays that could impact MG. For last year’s I know that I was overdoing it physically, but this year, I’ve not been overdoing it physically or having mental or emotional stress. So, I’m just trying to look for patterns.

Thanks for your thoughts and help with this.

Frank

Delia Hernandez replied 10 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Bill Suphan

June 30, 2023 at 4:52 pm

No problems around my birthday.  If you don’t overdo it the day should be almost like every other.  On some holidays when family or friends come over I have to be up and alert for a little longer than I like and that tires me out a lot causing me to rest a lot the next day.  It is hard for me to count on myself for preplanned events out of the house and on a couple of occasions I have had to do last minute cancellations which is hard for others to understand.  That can cause stress.

• Delia Hernandez

July 5, 2023 at 5:27 pm

That sounds rather unfortunate. I’ve never experienced anything like that. On my birthday, I only hope for moments of happiness, and if someone wants to give me a wonderful gift, I am grateful for those little things.