• Posted by steve9000 on January 17, 2024 at 2:44 pm

I am 4 months with MG, down to 17.5mg prednisone daily. Was on Mestinon as needed. Started taking Huperzine-A 3 months ago and in the last 2 weeks have been totally off mestinon. Still have small symptoms; chewing, swallowing, heavy eyes, etc, but not debilitating to where I would take mestinon. I absolutely understand that remission and varying degrees of MG manifests itself daily and it would be almost impossible to associate Huperzine with MG symptom reduction. However, for those out there who, like myself, are inclined to try additives, herbs, vitamins, and all sorts of snake oil, I just throw this observation out there . Wishing everyone the best in this new year.

Steve

Gina replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Gina

January 17, 2024 at 4:58 pm

I take this but have to break up capsule since it’s too difficult to swallow… I do quite well except for swallowing – it’s always a problem and nothing helps…

• steve9000

January 19, 2024 at 2:29 pm

Totally understand. I also occasionally have a hard time swallowing , but am so thankful that it is not so bad I have to take mestinon to relieve the symptoms. I really resist taking drugs, except for prednisone, and only revert to them when I am totally debilitated which is not that often. When I read how so many others are affected by MG I feel blessed.

• Gina

March 6, 2024 at 3:05 pm

Same here, very blessed to be doing quite well although have some lingering swallowing issues and awkward facial droop.. no complaints though – been over 50 years with mg and lived and still living a full life…