Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jodi Enders
      Keymaster

I thought it would be fun if we shared MG-friendly, pretty simple recipes with each other, full of whole nutrients! This one below you can make to taste and doesn’t have to follow concrete directions. Vegan-friendly has an excellent lemon flavor and has the nutritional component, including all your veggies and turmeric!

Ingredients:

baby potatoes halved

green beans halved

large tomatoes, cut into about six pieces

garlic

green olives

capers

lemon

turmeric

olive oil

tahini

leafy greens of choice

fresh parsley

salt and pepper

Method:

1. Bring salted water to a boil, then add as many potatoes as desired and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until soft. In the last 5 minutes, add the green beans to turn soft. Drain and place aside in a large bowl.
      2. While the potatoes and green beans boil, place a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Once warm, add some garlic, a pinch of salt, and as many chopped tomatoes as desired (cut into about 6 pieces per tomato if large). Cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes soften, then spoon into the bowl with the drained green beans and potatoes. 
      3. Add a handful of leafy greens of your choice, I used spinach, but anything would work. Chop up some green olives and capers and toss them in as well.
      4. For the dressing (make more as needed), combine 4 tbsp lemon juice or the juice from one lemon, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp turmeric, and 1 tbsp tahini. I highly recommend topping everything off with fresh parsley. It adds a great flavor.
      Amy Cessina
      Participant

Thank you for your recipe it  sounds very good. I will try it.
      I make a lot of soups with vegetables and beans and some pasta. I belong to an organic farm so I have a lot to put in.  It’s easy to eat and very filling. I use chicken broth but they can easily be made with vegetable broth. I really don’t have recipes I just throw a bunch of stuff in a pot or instapot and cook it. I tend to eat a lot of refried  beans with various toppings.
      Looking forward to hearing others recipes.

Cyndi DeHoff
      Participant

Both of the recipe ideas sound yummy, and I am looking forward to trying them!  I love to cook when I have the energy.  I also make a lot of soups because they are easy for me to chew.
      I now like to make big batches of things to freeze some leftovers for low energy days. I make this base tomato pasta sauce that is good by itself or easy to add meatballs or veggies or even as a thin pizza sauce.

6 lg cans of peeled Roma tomatoes or fresh tomatoes are great too when in season.

1/2 of head of garlic- I like alot so adjust to what you like .

1 onion chopped

big bunch of fresh basil chopped

Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil and a little butter.  I quickly squeeze out the seeds of the tomatoes then add them to the pan.   I break up the tomatoes with the spoon as they cook.  And salt and pepper to taste. Finish with the fresh basil.
      Toss with your favorite pasta and fresh Parmesan cheese. Sautéed mushrooms or other veggies are good to add also.

This sauce freezes well in ziplock freezer bags

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account