Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips Do You Vomit Through Your Nose?

• Kent Moore

March 11, 2022 at 9:09 pm

No — however, I’ve experienced an issue with that nose-and-throat “valve”, as it were. It seems just the opposite of what you’re asking.

Oddly, if I’m experiencing overall weakness, or if I’m nearing the end of a Mestinon dosage period, there are times when I’m attempting a hearty blowing of the nose (we have cats). The blast of air that I’m expecting through my nose and into the kleenex will, instead, come out of my mouth. This makes for an interesting sound (kind of funny, actually).

After a good chuckle and more intense concentration, I do a restart and things work fine. I probably do more of a controlled blast. Kinda weird…

• Ronald E. Clever

March 15, 2022 at 6:17 pm

I have a problem while I am eating that food will go up my nose and it is very uncomfortable until I am able to get it out.  I love curry and it really burns.  I don’t know if this is what you are referring to or not,  I never thought of it being related.  I have to eat really slow and be very careful especially with rice.

• Jonathan A

March 17, 2022 at 7:36 pm

I started all my MG symptoms on July 25th, 2019 and for 8 months was undiagnosed by every clueless, and un-MG educated doctor who saw me.  I was finally diagnosed by a third floor nurse at second hospital.  I am in remission now for 15 months.  I have not had vomit yet, but when I was still undiagnosed and not getting any meds yet (2000 mgs CELLCEPT and 180 MG MESTINON),  I would always get Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup going up my nose, instead of down my throat.  Really weird   …  a noodle up your nose. You could smell and feel it.

Since I have been in remission,  I keep having to wipe my wet drippy nose most of the day.  My nose is always free and clear, no blockage, or cold, just drippy, and need to run for a Kleenix, or more a a toilet size tissue.  A couple of others from my three current support group ZOOMS say it is probably one of my 13 daily meds.