Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips Describe Your Journey With MG in 3 Words

• Tina

September 16, 2023 at 12:14 pm

sick of it

sick from it

could be worse

• James McCay

September 25, 2023 at 1:57 pm

ENDED MY LIFE

• Shelly

September 25, 2023 at 2:10 pm

An absolute ordeal

• Mami

October 11, 2023 at 7:09 pm

After a very bad exacerbation crisis that put me in critical condition for 9 days, I was finally diagnosed 5 years ago. I was given Mestinon and IVIG treatments. But unfortunately after a year, I had to stop taking IVIG infusions because it didn’t worked for me any longer. Thanks to my neurologist, I was given Soliris infusions, which it’s also known as the top gun. It worked very well for me. I still had the Mestinon to use if needed. I had to change my doctor since my original neurologist moved out of state. She took me off Soliris because I recovered pretty well, no longer needed it. Now I’m taking azathioprine three times a day and Mestinon if needed. Im feeling good overall as I also changed my eating habits, included light exercising, rest and avoiding stress. I do my best to focus on the things that I could still do. Also I rely on Jehovah God that gives me the strength to endure. I will keep y’all in my prayers. Hoping y’all find the right medication that will help you be more at ease with this misunderstood illness. Take care, be safe.

Page 2 of 2