Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Healthcare and Treatments Cure for MG in Our Lifetime

• Craig

August 12, 2021 at 12:38 pm

I think they’ll find more ways to bring more people to or near remission – few to no symptoms with minimal medications.   The research and clinical trials are really exciting and hopeful, they’re learning so much about different underlying characteristics of the disease, and are converting that into actual clinical trials.  If you look at the pace of progress over the last 5-10 years – creation of an international standard-of-care, approval of a complement inhibitor, the identification of the LRP4 subtype & development of potential treatments for that, understanding that Rituxan often works better for MuSK MG than achr, and so much more – it’s incredible for such a rare condition.  Clinical trials are now including MuSK and seronegative patients – there’s so much good stuff.

I don’t think they’ll find a single cure, but I think they’ll find ways to better target specific treatments, and that combined with new upcoming treatments will help an awful lot of people!