• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jodi Enders
      Keymaster

If you experience difficulty swallowing and chewing or have encountered these symptoms in the past, which foods did you find were the worst/best to eat?

Jonathan A
      Participant

I was undiagnosed with MG by every doctor who saw me  (I was finally diagnosed by a floor nurse whose patients also had all my symptoms).  I finally got to  the MG swallowing problems … as one of my last undiagnosed MG symptoms.   So  I bit my lip, cancelled my CIGNA appointment, and went directly to URGENT CARE at a nearby Banner Hospital to find someone who could diagnose my 8 or 9 symptoms.    I had been doing fine eating till then.  What worked best for me was just naked crushed ground beef that I usually made to put in spaghetti sauces, instant packs of microwave oatmeal cereal, and right out of the can canned tuna.

Then I got in real trouble.  I kept getting Phlegm ?? in my mouth.  I tried to swallow my pills along with the foods listed above  …. and they all came back into my mouth in my Phlegm ??  … as if a ledge or ??? behind my tongue was  keeping me from swallowing and the food going down my throat.   Then the kicker  ….   I seemed like I was getting Campbell’s Chicken Noodle soup up my nose  … and not down my throat.

My earlier BAD symptom was in the evenings  … my right hand/fingers were too weak …after a while to eat my dinner.   I had to either put my dinner into the fridge and lie down and regain my strength  ……   or use my left arm/hand to hold up my right hand/fingers to finish my meal.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account