Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums COVID-19 and MG Alcoholic Drinks on Flights During COVID-19

• Alcoholic Drinks on Flights During COVID-19

Posted by Jodi Enders on October 18, 2021 at 8:51 pm

I flew for the first time round trip this past week. The primary safety violation I noticed that seemed to be something that is not necessary is allowing alcoholic beverages purchases on flights, especially those under a few hours.

Maybe the lady next to me spilling hers got me thinking about it, but it seems that allowing people to have water or satisfy their need for liquids is understood completely. But is it worth risking people’s health for an enjoyable beverage during only a couple of hour flight?

What are your thoughts on this?

Amy Cessina replied 2 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Amy Cessina

October 20, 2021 at 10:05 pm

I heard that unmasking for drinking and eating can cause spread.  They said just blast your air nozzle above your seat at you the whole time so virus particles are moved away from you and get filtered. Planes have pretty good filters. I’ve done that for years before pandemic actually. But I did it to prevent bad smells from reaching my nose lol . Little did I know it scattered germs too.