Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips What Does Success Mean to You?

• What Does Success Mean to You?

Posted by BioNews Staff on August 25, 2021 at 5:47 pm

The way I define success now is very different from the way I used to define it before I was diagnosed with MG. Now, I believe I am successful when I can do most activities without any help or assistance.

How do you define success? Is it different from how you defined it before you had MG? How has your outlook on success changed?

BioNews Staff replied 2 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Amy Cessina

August 26, 2021 at 2:34 pm

Great question! I used to short change myself due to MG but my husband really pushes me. I’ve done things I wasn’t sure I was capable of. But it’s taken many years to get there. I ask him almost every day “ do you think I’m going to get better and back to myself” and he says “yes” every time. Helps me believe I can. Sometimes I think half the battle is your mindset.

• BioNews Staff

September 2, 2021 at 5:48 pm

Totally agree Amy! My biggest challenge is always changing my mindset. Once I’ve done that, my issues seem a lot easier to handle. But sometimes it is so hard to change it. I’ve always leaned toward negative thoughts, so it’s taken me years to re-train my brain to be more positive.