Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips Recent Movies, Shows, Podcasts That Help With Stress

• Recent Movies, Shows, Podcasts That Help With Stress

Posted by bns-staff on November 9, 2021 at 10:41 pm

I’m always taking suggestions for movies, books, tv shows, podcasts, and books. For me, they are great stress relievers. Living with MG is a heavy-duty thing, so it’s nice to have some distractions.

Recently, I just finished a show on Apple TV+ called For All Mankind. It shows what could have happened if Russia had landed on the moon before the United States. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next season.

What is something you have read/watched/listened to that helped with your anxiety and stress? Why did you enjoy it? Why was it good for your stress level?

deborah-a-dortzbach replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • chrism

November 10, 2021 at 5:41 pm

Having been through so many medical procedures, I’ve started to enjoy watching medical dramas (The Good Doctor, Grey’s Anatomy, Chicago Med) and jokingly play “medical bingo” when a case involves something I’ve been involved with.

Sports are also great to watch…currently watching the cricket world cup semi-final as I type this.

Lots of reading, too, mainly my Bible and Christian books – they are super helpful for keeping perspective on things.

• deborah-a-dortzbach

November 12, 2021 at 1:18 am

I joined a family book club. We are all women, limit books to good novels, pass the recommendations and facilitation around and give ourselves plenty of lead time and meet by zoom. It has become low pressure (because you don’t have to finish to book to join in) and really enjoyable and yes, helping with stress–especially when I can’t sleep at night. My tendency in the past had been to scan the internet on my phone during sleepless moments. Not recommended! The “blue light” is not helpful for getting to sleep. But sleeplessness and even anxiety and stress can be helped with some minutes of reading.  Now, if I can’t sleep after awhile, I get up, get cozy with a warm blanket and my good book for a bit and when heavy-eyed again crawl back to bed. It’s working much better.