Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips Missing Out on Big Moments

• Greg Josephs

September 9, 2021 at 11:04 am

Thank God I have no regrets. I was diagnosed in 2002 and even though I have plenty of limits directly linked to MG but have gradually learned to accept it. Oh and plenty of therapists!

• Amy Cessina

September 9, 2021 at 2:42 pm

This isn’t a big moment an important one.  I go to the shore every summer with my son over Labor Day. This will be my last of this tradition because he is going away to college next year. I decided to go despite being nervous. I wish I hadn’t massive unmasked crowds. Now Im scared I’ll get COVID. So for me it’s worth missing things to stay safe. I don’t like the mental anguish afterwards.  I’m vaccinated but I’m still so nervous.
    My son got married last summer too and we had rehearsal dinner and wedding all outdoor with a small group I was ok with that because I could check afterwards with everyone.

• BioNews Staff

September 9, 2021 at 5:29 pm

I’m just like you Amy. I’m fully vaccinated but still very nervous. And now I weigh the pros and cons. Yes, I’m sad I’ll miss something, but I know I would feel way worse if I got sick!

• Amy Cessina

September 11, 2021 at 12:25 am

Well now a few days later I am sick. Three COVID tests later I’m still testing negative. But this has really driven the point into my head if I am not comfortable with the situation  not to do it. Sometimes I give in because of the kids.