Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Healthcare and Treatments MG and Thyroid Conditions

• Charles Karcher

December 14, 2022 at 8:50 pm

I have hypothroidism.  I have heard the term Hashimoto’s before but I never heard it mentioned by any of my doctors in connection to my Thyroid disorder.  I take a daily thyroid supplement.  My thyroid diagnosis predates my MG diagnosis by almost two decades.  Truly I cannot say that MG has affected my thyroid disorder in anyway.  The two disorders for me do not interact.

• Lynette Wilson

December 15, 2022 at 4:14 am

I there I have had thyroid conditions of which I have been taking medication since I was around 45 the under working identification one. And only last year at 76 did I get MG optical. At this stage no one has mentioned this. So for me I don’t think it has any connection.
    Regards
    Lynette

• Ramkoomarie Gajraj

December 15, 2022 at 2:37 pm

Hi ,

I have MG , Thyroid and high  eye pressure,this is really bad, somedays when all the symptoms affect me at the same time I feeling like just lying there all day.Sometimes I don’t eat a lot because of pain in my Jaws, I take Mestinon, Levothyroxine and eyedropper. At times I look back at my journey in like and say to myself , look how a medical condition can cause you to just fall apart.

I pray everyday that something good can happen for everyone that has MG, maybe scientists can find some cure .

Take care everyone, continue taking the meds .

Happy Holidays!!!