Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Healthcare and Treatments Bite problems and myasthenia gravis

• Bite problems and myasthenia gravis

Posted by patmeteor on March 31, 2023 at 6:22 pm

I started having bite problems last summer that came on rather suddenly, maybe not too long after I had COVID (although I have no reason to think that this is a weird COVID aftereffect).  I was wondering if anyone else with MG has developed bite problems and what solution they found?  My bite has shifted to the right such that my molars no longer touch on the left side, but they hit in the wrong place on the right side, which leads to both headaches and tooth pain.  I am seronegative with fairly mild generalized MG that was diagnosed 10 years ago, and I have been taking Mestinon ever since.  I have weakness on the left side of my face–my eye droops on that side, and my mouth slightly droops on that side as well.  I have been wondering if muscle weakness on that side of my face has allowed the muscles on the other side pull my jaw out of its correct position.  I would love to find out whether this is an MG problem and what solutions are possible, especially before my dentist decides to try expensive orthodontia.

Thanks!–Pat

patmeteor replied 1 year ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.