Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Mental Health and Self-Care How to Get Out of Your Own Head

• How to Get Out of Your Own Head

Posted by BioNews Staff on November 30, 2021 at 4:07 pm

Sometimes, I get bogged down with negative thoughts due to MG and other issues. It used to be really hard for me to feel better, but I’ve learned how to help myself get out of that mental funk. I enjoy taking walks outside, or if I’m tired, simply sitting outside. I also enjoy listening to music and playing video games.

What helps you get out of your mental funk? What activities help you feel better about the world and yourself?

ANITA A. TARLTON replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ANITA A. TARLTON

December 1, 2021 at 8:45 pm

I keep a journal. For about a year, I kept a list of “To Do” and “Ta Da!”

Things I needed/wanted to do were listed for each day under “To Do”.

As I completed them, I could put a check in the “Ta Da!” Column.  If I tried and couldn’t complete something,  I gave myself credit for the attempt, or extended time to complete it.  If I just couldn’t do it, I’d write “Another day”

It was really a pretty good motivational tool for me.  It made me attempt things, and allowed myself Grace to continue building strength and resilience.

• Amy Cessina

December 2, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Good advice. Keep it coming! I’m my own worse enemy in all of this. I’m fine for a while then it’s all scary again. I’m in this cycle I’d like to break out of. But I think all of you may understand that I feel there is a terrible monster inside of me and one day it’s going to rear it’s ugly head again. Not sure what’s going to trigger it or when. There’s my issue in a nutshell. I’d love to rid myself of those thoughts.