• mark-shear

July 20, 2022 at 11:31 pm

I used to donate plasma regularly about 5 years ago. Since I have had MG for about 3 years now , none of my doctors have told me if I can donate. I also have a variety of meds that of course I take for this but for other things as well.  Also, I’m a bit tired of needles for infusions and blood draws so even if cleared, I honestly don’t know if I would race back to do this any time soon. Don’t know if Vyvgart, prednisone or mestinon which are my MG drugs make donating unlikely or not.

• mark-shear

July 20, 2022 at 11:32 pm

I used to donate plasma regularly about 5 years ago. Since I have had MG for about 3 years now , none of my doctors have told me if I can donate. I also have a variety of meds that of course I take for this but for other things as well.  Also, I’m a bit tired of needles for infusions and blood draws so even if cleared, I honestly don’t know if I would race back to do this any time soon. Don’t know if Vyvgart, prednisone or mestinon which are my MG drugs make donating unlikely or not.

• dave-hall

July 25, 2022 at 1:00 pm

Years ago I used to donate blood quite often.  After all, I had the “best” blood, A+.  The blood donation got to be a hassle, too much traffic, too many delays, so I just quit.  Now that I am retired and cannot do near as much as I used to, I thought plasma donation would be a good thing.  Before I could even bring the MG into the discussion, I was told that at 73, I am too old to donate.  They cut off donation in the late sixties.  The joy of aging.