Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips How To Treat Acne Caused By Prednisone

• How To Treat Acne Caused By Prednisone

Posted by BioNews Staff on August 18, 2022 at 10:00 am

Like almost everyone with MG, I received a prescription for a large dose of Prednisone (steroids) when I was first diagnosed. While it helped me tremendously, it also caused many side effects. One of those was acne.

The acne covered my entire face but was the worst on my cheeks and chin. It looked like I had a beard. I thought that once I stopped taking prednisone, the acne would go away. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

After visiting a dermatologist, I was prescribed Epiduo, a gel I put on my face every day. Eventually, all of my acne disappeared. I always felt so embarrassed to have acne cover my face, so I was relieved to find a treatment that worked.

Did you or do you currently suffer from acne while taking Prednisone? Did you use anything to treat it? Did it work?

Charlie replied 1 year, 8 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Charlie

August 20, 2022 at 1:09 am

This probably won’t be very helpful, but as I’ve lowered my prednisone dose I’ve noticed my acne has gotten a lot better. Still not great, but it wasn’t the best before I started either.