Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Mental Health and Self-Care Grieving Your Myasthenia Gravis Diagnosis

• Grieving Your Myasthenia Gravis Diagnosis

Posted by Jodi Enders on May 7, 2021 at 4:39 am

I was just diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis nine months ago. With one semester left of college, my medical team realistically informed me that my career path of archaeology, at least the specialties and location I was interested in, would have to be altered due to my new limitations and risks. My passion for road trips and travel has had to be put on hold temporarily. At many times I have felt I have lost most of all my independence and ability. I have had to continue distancing myself to remain in remission and continually believing I am missing out on social memories. 

However, what is for us will find its way to us, and what experiences pass us by just weren’t meant to be. Remain hopeful in the process of healing. Healing = pain and frustration -> acceptance -> more discomfort -> a tiny bit of growth. It is important to validate all of your feelings and let them come as they do without judgment. It takes time to heal, but also courage. It is choosing to surrender and feel contentment in the unpredictable. It is in our nature as human beings to be assured infinite shifts and zigzags as long as we continue this life.

I am slowly learning to be grateful for all of the hurdles and encounters that I have the opportunity to experience in this short but remarkable life. Grieving the change and adjustments, but simultaneously viewing this roadblock as a destined redirect! What has your journey with grief been like since your MG diagnosis? Has it led you to any new life perspectives?

Jodi Enders replied 2 years, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.