Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jodi Enders
      Keymaster

Gabapentin, which common brands are Gralise, Horizant, Neuraptine, is used to help treat temporary nerve damage after surgery.

However, for those with Myasthenia gravis, Gabapentin is on the list of cautionary drugs. But it can be deemed safe by a medical professional for a patient with MG if the dose is low enough.

Have you been put on Gabapentin to help with nerve pain after surgery, possibly a thymectomy? If so, did you experience any adverse reactions? Or did a health care professional advise you to avoid it because of MG? We would love to hear about your experience.

John Gore
      Participant

I use it, 200 mg for neuropathy at bedtime. Only Med that helps calm the pain and burning. Doc approved but no more than the 200mg.  Have ocular MG, maybe that’s the reason it was approved to take.

TheresaG
      Participant

I was given gabapentin years ago before MG dx and I had severe pain in rib/lung area and difficulty breathing.
      It was given for chronic back pain.

Rick B
      Participant

I have been taking gabapentin for anxiety and depression for many years.  I was diagnosed with ocular mg in January. I have been taking 300-400 mg of gabapentin daily since then. No apparent effect on the mg but I think I’ll cut back on the gabapentin to see if my vision improves. I am thankful that only my eyes have been effected. Thank you for bringing up this topic…

Arlene DeLand
      Participant

I was given 300mg gabapentin for Chronic Pain Syndrome after a major car accident and following diagnosis of MG.  I ended up having chest pain.  Looked up the adverse effects of Gabapentin and discovered that it could cause chest pains or tightness in chest.  Took myself off the med right away with a phone call to my pain doc. Arlene

Daryl Schneider
      Participant

I Have been taking 300 mg 2x daily for fibro  and neuropathy daily for a few years. Neuropathy is worse and my MG doc is ok with increase to help with the pain. We don’t think it is making the MG worse in any way so I am increasing to 3 or 4 times daily now as needed.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account