Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips When Did You First Meet Someone with MG?

• When Did You First Meet Someone with MG?

Posted by bns-staff on November 10, 2022 at 8:00 am

For most of my MG journey, I’d never met someone else who had MG. At the time, I didn’t think much of it – I was too focused on my treatment. But as time passed, I wished I had someone to talk to who really understood what I was going through.

The first person I met with MG was my co-moderator, Jodi. The first time we met, we both talked about our MG journeys. Even though we were at different stages, it was so refreshing to hear someone talk about the same things that I had gone through.

When did you first meet someone with MG? How did it make you feel? Did you meet them when you were first diagnosed or later in your MG journey?

kent-estes replied 1 year, 4 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • kent-estes

November 11, 2022 at 8:36 pm

I have never met anyone else with MG.  This forum is the only contact I have with other MG patients.  It is very helpful to read about the problems and solutions that others are experiencing.

• gina

November 18, 2022 at 1:36 pm

I first met someone with mg about a year after my dx.  Her husband was selling raffle tickets in support or mg and  Approached my husband to buy one (co-workers).This dear lady called me and thru her I met three other ladies with mg..Shortly after, I met another young lady with mg and we are still friends today 40 years later.  Also, a HS friend has mg as well as a nearby neighbor.I bought my house from a lady and her mom has mg.