Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips What Is Your Favorite Halloween Candy?

• What Is Your Favorite Halloween Candy?

Posted by bns-staff on October 22, 2022 at 9:38 pm

I try not to consume too much sugar throughout the year, but I always make sure to grab my favorite candies during the Halloween season. 

When I had weakness in my mouth, I enjoyed lollipops because I didn’t have to chew them. Now that I’m in remission, I love eating Twix and Twizzlers.

What is your favorite Halloween candy? Is there a type/brand of candy that’s easier to eat when you have weakness due to MG?

jonathan-a replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jack-stayton

October 26, 2022 at 8:59 pm

I look for the Brach’s jelly beans, black licorice.  Of course there is the candy corn too.  When it comes to what I’ll eat, there isn’t much I won’t eat 🙂

• douglas-manning

October 27, 2022 at 1:33 pm

Peanut butter cups, peanut butter M&Ms! So easy to eat – no worries about chewing fatigue – just holes in my belt, 😂

• jonathan-a

November 8, 2022 at 9:46 pm

For handing out candy, I selected in the past something that look great and was cheap  … such as Tootsie roll pops or milk duds.  But then in the past six years, there has been less and less kids coming  … with the last one  … pre COVID plague from China, the last count was only 8 kids.

So I had to try EAT all the left over candy that I got stuck with  … and that was bad and tasteless.

So now I only buy candy to hand out that I like to eat  …. M&M with peanuts candy.  No a single kid came this year 2022 and rang the bell.     My MG is in remission  … after an 8 month search for a diagnosis from a doctor that was not MG CLUELESS.    So lots of candy left  … but my GOOD doctors have not solved my nightly ACUTE ONSET INSOMNIA yet, since my diagnosis.  Is it due to the side effects of MG or the side effects of all my MEDS ????

They say M&M’s have CAFFEINE, so I can only eat them before 12 noon,  so it does not affect my sleep.  But I badly need them in am  … to wake up, and not be weak and groggy from no sleep, as it takes hours to fall asleep, and I am lucky to get three hours of sleep and then can not fall bad asleep.