Myasthenia Gravis News Forums Forums Life Hacks and Tips Weird and unwanted vocalizations and waking up to swallow

• Weird and unwanted vocalizations and waking up to swallow

Posted by stacey on January 3, 2023 at 2:52 am

Hi

i was diagnosed a few months ago when I was in the hospital going through crisis.

Prior to that, I was experiencing symptoms that stumped healthcare practitioners, including involuntary noises like little grunts or those similar to someone with Tourette Syndrome and not being able to exhale when sleeping

I use Mestinon (90 mg x4x/day), prednisone (25 mg) and Divalproex. I also go into hospital 2 days a month/ 4 hrs a day for IVIG. I still have these vocalizations, more so when I’m tired. I definitely am still waking up every few hours, even if I sleep on an incline.

I also only sleep in 4 hour intervals because I have difficulty swallowing any secretions that have gathered in my throat while I’m sleeping so I wake  up not being able to exhale so I get up and clear my lungs (or whateEver) by drinking a lot of water.

My neurologist says neither of these things are MG issues. But aren’t they? My primary dr says not to find a new neurologist but I’m not entirely sure how to advocate for myself.

Thoughts please?

stacey replied 1 year, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.